If you would like more information on any of our courses please contact us @ Shannon Training Centre on 061-706100. To apply for any of these courses, please contact your local Intreo Office. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for… + Upcoming Courses September 2016
February 3, 2015
Apprenticeship is the recognised means by which people are trained to become craftspeople in Ireland. + Qualifying as a Craftsperson
February 3, 2015
Reform of Further Education & Training Sector – Overview of SOLAS, ETBs, NEES, and QQAI + Reform of Further Education & Training Sector
February 3, 2015
Course Delivery Options – Training Centre + Course Delivery Options
Welcome to Shannon Training Centre
The Shannon Training Centre campus, as part of the newly established Limerick & Clare Education and Training Board (LCETB), run a range of day and evening courses:
- Manual and Computerised Payroll and Bookkeeping
- Computer Network Installation and Maintenance
- Logistics and Distribution
- Domestic Appliance Servicing
- Textile Floor Covering Installer
- We also run a wide range of evening courses. For a list of evening courses please browse our site.
The following provides an outline of programme types delivered:
- Specific skills training is delivered in such areas as CAD & Computer Aided Engineering / Manufacturing for the engineering and wood manufacturing industries, Industrial Automation Skills for manufacturing product lines, Milling & Turning, Machine Tool Operating, and Welding. Entry level (pre-apprenticeship) technical skills courses are provided in Kerbing & Paving, Concreting, Construction Skills, and Technical Employability Skills. QQI and industry recognised certifications.
- The centre also delivers a range of specific skills ICT and business related courses leading to QQI and industry recognised certifications in areas such as Business Management, Office Administration, Payroll & Bookkeeping, Social Media for Business, Web Design, ICT Skills, MOS, ECDL and Hairdressing.
- Craft apprenticeship / trade training is delivered in the areas of Electrical, Motor Mechanics, Fitting, Carpentry & Joinery, and Wood Manufacturing & Finishing.
- The Shannon Training Centre also delivers a wide range of training through its contracted training unit (Healthcare, Childcare, Life Sciences, Beauty Therapist, Retail Skills, Equestrian Instructor, Sports Recreation, etc.), community training unit, and via direct evening course provision.
The full suite of courses offered by the Shannon Training Centre positions our learners well to avail of current and future employment opportunities within the region.
The Shannon Training Centre campus, as part of Limerick & Clare Education and Training Board (LCETB), run a range of day and evening courses. Specific skills training is delivered in such areas as CAD & Computer Aided Engineering / Manufacturing… + Shannon Campus
All course information will be available at Shannon Training Centre website and via our social media. Our website is www.shannontrainingcentre.ie We hope you find our website interesting and if you have any suggestions call us at @ 061-706100 or contact… + Shannon Training Centre Website
Please find attached a flyer on the new alternative route to Engineering, this course was launched at the Limerick for Engineering event, held in the South Court Hotel earlier this year.
Shannon Training Centre is pleased to announce its social media activity. All our courses and job vacancies are advertised through social media. Why not give us a Like on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. Follow us on Twitter @ClareShannonTC… + Get Social with Shannon Training Centre